Thursday, April 29, 2010

Final Post

*I have learn so much about blogs and how they work. I hope to continue to blog even in my future classroom.
*Also, we learned how to make a presentations using Google docs. I also did a presentation teaching some one how to use a Promethean Board and software. I will certainly be making a lot of history presentation using Google in my classroom.
*When we made our first presentation about us, We learn how to size up our pictures using Picasa and I was amazed on how easy it was.
*One of my favorite assignments was when we got to make our own podcasts. I had found it would be great when I am out one day and all my substitute would have to do is open my podcast and let me give the assignment.
* We used YouTube a lot in our blog assignments and I also learned how to embed it into my blog.
* One of the blog/posts I read was Dan Carver's blog on education. He has a real want and desire to educate. I hope I will have te same drive he has for his students.
*My Personal Learning Network has grown leaps and bounds from the time I first started this class. I want to keep expanding it because I know when I finally receive my degree my student will think the stuff I learned now is going to be "old school".
*Twitter was a really neat thing to learn because it is a faster way to keep up with people.
*To keep up with other teachers and students outside of our region I used Audacity to do teacher interviews with teachers in Birmingham. I also will use this tool for when I am out of class I still can communicate the assignment to them and explain it as well while the substitute over sees things.
*For comments4kids I was amazed it these students blogs and how well they were doing when using technology. I hope to use a blog to showcase my students work.
*Comments4classmates was also great because I was able to see what was going on in my classmates blog and see there thought on the assignment. I believe that my future students would find it interesting be able to comment on their classmate's work.
*Comments4teachers was interesting because I liked reading teacher's blogs and what they were doing in their classroom.
* iTunes and iTunes U were great tools to use when listening to podcasts of professors from outside the region.
*The use of html tag modifiers help people who are visually impaired to help them hear what the picture is about. I am so glad I learned how to do this because I may have students who are visually impaired an this tool may make them feel included.
*In my profession I hope to be a progressive teacher. This means I would like for my class to branch out of the classroom and do hands on activities rather than sitting in straight rows and taking notes while I lecture. That is not all children's learning style. Being a secondary social science teacher, I want to make history come alive to my students and for them not to regurgitate what I teach, but to truly understand the lesson.
* Google forms was a great way to get quick feed back from my peers on any issue I wanted information about.
*Google Earth was very exciting and one of my favorite things to do in this class. I will certainly use this in my social science class.
*Delicious is a great bookmarking tool which keeps all your websites organized and you can get to them quicker.
*I feel I am more technological literate than before taking this class. It has helped me tremendously to reach for a higher standard of learning.
*The future of schools I believe is more technology and less paper and pencil if we all work together we can transform education into something more interesting and fun for our students
* My intellectual trail, I believe, is and has been a good one. I look forward to expanding on what I learned in this class.

2. I would have like to play around more on the Promethean Board and learned more on it.

3. I thought the whole class, while tedious, was beneficial and will help me in my future classroom.
4. I really liked learning audacity because I have used it outside of this class. I have used it in my EDF 315 class doing a teacher interview.
5. I thought everything was rather interesting in this class
6. I thought some of the blogs were rather long and boring but for the most part they were very interesting. To correct this I might chose shorter videos.
7. I did not feel overworked in this class I felt that some things were confusing, but for the work load it was okay. I would take out twittering because I did not use it that much for this class or in my future profession.
8. I feel that I am more technologically literate more so that when I started this class. I feel I can always improve on my knowledge of technology, but for right now I am at the "good" stage.
9. I want to keep blogging and expand my knowledge on teaching technologies (like smart/Promethean Boards).

4 comments:

  1. "*In my profession I hope to be a progressive teacher. This means I would like for my class to branch out of the classroom and do hands on activities rather than sitting in straight rows and taking notes while I lecture. That is not all children's learning style. Being a secondary social science teacher, I want to make history come alive to my students and for them not to regurgitate what I teach, but to truly understand the lesson." Fantastic!

    I am glad you found Delicious useful. I use it ALL the time. But a very large number of students never even tried it!

    Good luck! The discipline of history needs technologically literate teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "*In my profession I hope to be a progressive teacher. This means I would like for my class to branch out of the classroom and do hands on activities rather than sitting in straight rows and taking notes while I lecture. That is not all children's learning style. Being a secondary social science teacher, I want to make history come alive to my students and for them not to regurgitate what I teach, but to truly understand the lesson." Fantastic!

    "* One of the blog/posts I read was Dan Carver's blog on education. He has a real want and desire to educate. I hope I will have te same drive he has for his students." Thanks. I'll assign him to more students.

    "*Delicious is a great bookmarking tool which keeps all your websites organized and you can get to them quicker." I'm glad you spoke up for Delicious. I find it an extremely valuable tool. But a very large number of students report they never tried it, didn't know what it was, or found it "useless"!

    Good luck! The discipline of history vitally needs technologically literate teachers such as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... You are not supposed to be moderating your class blog. You may want to do that in your class, but I do not want my student's class blogs to be monitored. If there is a comment that needs to be removed (or not published) I need to know about it. You can always get my permission to remove a post which is what my instructions about blogs calls for. Have you blocked any comments to your class blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica,

    I like your business attitude this semester and I like the way you handled everything and asked questions when you were unsure.

    ReplyDelete