Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 7 Post

The Schools of Tomorrow
After watching Dr. Millers videos on technology and how it effects us now and will effect students in the future: I found myself asking what can I do as a teacher to expand on technology in my future history classroom? Knowing that my subject of choice is usually taught by primitive teaching methods; I want to be able to break away from that kind of teaching method.
I honestly is a great challenge for me to do this. Hopefully I will have a Promethean Board in my room. I have used this board before and enjoyed it greatly and so did my students when I was a paraprofessional. Also, I would like to keep a class blog about daily assignments and instructions for the assignments. This would help students who are out to catch up with their assignments when they are at home(if they have a computer and internet).
I am interested by what Dr. Miller said when he talked about the future of word processing and how it really would not be in existence in the future. I really thought the New York Times spread was really neat because of how the way he made it flip into another article. That kept me interested,I know it would my students.

Networked Student
Why does the networked student need a teacher? Because he or she heps the student separate a good source from propaganda, how to make a search for information a scavenger hunt, and to show the student how much they have done and to be proud of their accomplishments.
Am I prepared to teach a networked student? At this point NO, they would have to teach me a few things. I do not feel ignorant on technology, but I know I need to learn a lot more to be confident in teaching a student such as this.
I would, however, like to have my students do a P.L.N. for my future class. I believe it would be very beneficial to them to see there accomplishments as a P.L.N. and not just a letter grade. For my P.L.N. I would like to follow Ms. Drexler's blog. I think it would be very beneficial to me to follow her blog.

Comments 4 Kids
This week I read a student's blog and her name was Alexia. She wrote about how to grow beautiful flowers and plants. She did a really great job describing what had to be done to have a wonderful garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment