Friday, February 19, 2010

Week 6 Post

PLN-Personal Learning Network
This first half of my personal learning network I have began to follow many of my fellow student's blogs. Also I have been following some teacher's blog like Dan Carver's blog. I have expanded my knowledge of goole and google dos. I have learned how to make a presentation on Google docs. Also I have used audacity.com to record mine and other voices. This helped me to record a teacher interview with a teacher in Birmingham while sitting in my home on the eastern shore. I can't wait to see what we learn in the next half in the class.

Comments 4 Kids
This week I read a child's blog about pancakes. The student's name was Andee and he explained how to make pancakes. he went through the steps of using flour and milk to make homemade pancakes. He did a clever animated video based on a pancake recipe. It makes me want to learn more computer skills because he did more than I could have.


Dr. Alice Christie's Website
I decided to visit Dr. Christie's Google Earth tour. This provided video and voice over by Dr. Christie. She showed how to navigate to different parts of the world and even gave a quiz to find out how many places the viewer could name.
I really enjoyed this site and hope to keep visiting her site. I found out she has a workshop in Montgomery once a year. Because I know more technology is in my future and it will only expand on what i'm learning now I need to be constantly open minded to all this overwhelming innovations we are learning now.


iTunes U
I couldn't get the site Dr. Strange linked in the blog assignment;however, I did tour the iTunes U site through iTunes and found iTunes U very useful when it comes to teaching with this tool. When I finally finish my degree and become a teacher, I could use the iTunes U by recording lectures and assignments if they miss class.
I, as a student, can use the site to hear different lectures from different universities about any subject. I really enjoyed see all what I can do with iTunes U now and in the future. I did put iTunes U on "my delicious" bookmark so I can get to it faster.


Duke U on iTunes U
There was not really anything different than there was on the iTunes U site,however, they had their fight song and other school spirit casts on there. They had a link to get to there sports page and podcasts called "The Devils Den". The good thing about it was students can listen to their professors lecture and they really don't have an excuse about missing a lecture because they can access it through the web now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monica,
    Thanks for leaving me a comment. You made me laugh when you said that you are going to make pancakes for breakfast. Last year I used kidpix to make my animation. It was hard. This year, I am Year 4 and in Room 11. Here is a link for me if you want to see more of my work.
    http://www.pesscribes.blogspot.com

    From Andee

    ReplyDelete