Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 4 Post



Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

This week I chose the second choice in the list of things to learn more about podcasting. I have to confess, I do not know much about podcasting. Seeing the teacher from Richmond,Virginia teach his elementary students was quit interesting. Podcasting does make teaching and learning more exciting. They way he used other teachers to read the story to the students would even make me enjoy it more.
I have mixed feelings on the subject of putting make up work or study guides on a podcast. I feel it is a great idea and I will probably use that idea. However the problem I see with it is some students might not have a computer or if they have one it might not be hooked up to the internet. I would just make it a option probably like he is doing. Using podcasting as a tool is a great idea!

Comments 4 Kids
This week I commented on Room 227's blog. This class celebrated Australia Day because one of their students and their principal are both from Australia. They explained how to make a bread called Damper. I agreed with the students when they said a honey syrup would make it better. They listened to Australian songs and played a didgeridoo. They really had a great time learning about a different culture. I think it is so important for students to learn about other cultures because they will be interacting with different cultures for the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment